Skip to content ↓

Further Information

Q:  Who can I contact for further information?

Your first point of contact if you want to discuss something about your child is your child’s class teacher.

You can contact the SENDCo, or any members of the school leadership team, if you still have any concerns.  You can email the SENDCo at

If you would like to apply for Shirley Infant School please contact the school to arrange a visit.

Q:  What should I do if I feel that the Local Offer is:

  • not being delivered, or
  • not meeting My child’s needs?

You should contact your child’s class teacher and/or the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo).  Either ring the school on 02380 771434, or e-mail

If you have any query related to S.E.N.D. after discussion with the class teacher and SENDCo you are welcome to make an appointment with the Head teacher or contact the Governing Body.

Q:  How is our local offer reviewed?

The local offer for Shirley Infant School will be reviewed regularly and amendments will be made in accordance with the School Improvement Plan and on information gathered from careful analysis of pupil progress.

Q:  How have parents and carers and children with SEND been involved in reviewing the local offer?

Shirley Infant School has consulted with Parent Governors, Parents of children on the SEN register and Learning Ambassadors.