PRIMARY SCHOOL PLACES, YEAR R AND YEAR 3 APPEALS TIMETABLE 2019
Primary school places – Year R and Year 3, September 2019
- School place offers will be sent on 16 April 2019
- Appeals must be lodged by 24 May 2019
- Appeals lodged on time will be heard in June/July and no later than 19 July 2019
- Infant and junior appeals lodged after 24 May 2019, that cannot be added to a scheduled hearing may not be heard before 19 July 2019.
- This may mean that they will not be heard until the start of the new school term in September 2019.
- You will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of your appeal hearing date
- You are able to waive this right if you are late in making your appeal and wish to have your appeal heard at a hearing that is already scheduled
- Case papers will be dispatched to you within a reasonable time period before the hearing date.
- Once you have received notification of your hearing date, any additional evidence you wish to submit should be sent to Democratic Services, 1st Floor, Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LY, in accordance with the date detailed in the notification.
- Additional evidence may be submitted up to and including the day of the hearing
- The panel will take its significance into account and whether there is a need to adjourn the hearing to allow all parties time to consider it.
- Following the appeal hearing decision, where possible, letters will be sent five school day’s following the hearing's conclusion.